Color coding by location
Starting from scratch
How to create a labels template in Microsoft Word 2007 or 2010
- Go to the Labels report generator, select a delivery date, and then configure the other fields to meet your specifications. Set OUTPUT to CSV. Generate the report and save it in a memorable location on your computer.
- Open Microsoft Word 2007/2010 and go to the Mailings tab. From the Start Mail Merge area, click the Start Mail Merge button and select Labels from the menu.
- When the Label Options dialog box appears, select the relevant Label vendor and Product number; then click OK.
- From the Start Mail Merge area, click the Select Recipients button and select Use Existing List from the menu. Find and open the CSV Labels report that you just generated from your Farmigo Dashboard.
- In the first cell of the Labels table, use the Insert Merge Fields button from the Write & Insert Fields area of the Mailings tab to set up your template. You may also change the look and placement of the text and insert an image.
- Once you have set up your template in the first cell of the Labels table, click the Update Labels button from the Write & Insert Fields area of the Mailings tab. This will copy the template to all cells in the table. (Click Preview Results to see what your labels would look like with the data filled in.)
- Go to the Main menu of Word and save this document as a Word Template in memorable place on your computer.
Watch how to create a template in 5 minutes ...
How to use your new Labels template
1. Go to the Labels report generator in the Farmigo Dashboard, select the relevant delivery date, and then configure the other fields as you did when you were creating your template. Set OUTPUT to CSV. Generate the report and save it in a memorable location on your computer.
2. Open Microsoft Word 2007/2010 and select new from the main menu in the upper left-hand corner. When the New Document dialog box appears, select "New from existing ..." on the left. Find the template that you created and click Create New.